Thursday, August 04, 2005

Health Buffs

I was really excited when I found out that I can make use of Meralco recreational facilities because that will include the fitness center and the famous oval -- jogger's hang out. But what I like most is the aero class! Oraaayt! And it's free, yey! :)

I tried joining the aero class last Monday and then yesterday.. and it was great! I was really sweating and hurting all over! :P We also had a few belly dancing moves, cool! ;)

I don't feel fat though I know I gained a few pounds, but whether we are trying to lose weight or maintain it, we should understand the importance of physical activities -- coming from a couch potato like me. :)

Physical activity helps in controlling our weight by using excess calories that otherwise would be stored as fat. The number of calories we eat and use each day regulates our body weight. Everything we eat contains calories, and everything we do uses calories, including sleeping, breathing, and digesting food. Any physical activity in addition to what we normally do will use extra calories. So the more we use up calories, the more we lose weight.

Also, following a regular aerobics program gives us a sense of commitment and control - two positive mental attitudes that help counteract stress. Better than stresstabs! :D

Since I'm into aero now, every MWF, my fitness partner DM hehehe decided to do some exercises too -- he started to join the jogger's circle! ;)

Healthy living made fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home