Saturday, June 18, 2005

DVD Marathon and Badminton

I watched DVD's and thought of coming up with movie reviews -- sorry, I'm feeling like a film critic now so please bear with me guys, ok? :)

1. Boogeyman

Movie Summary:
In what could be a scene stolen straight out of Darkness Falls, Boogeyman opens in a young boy's bedroom late at night. Various objects and shadows appear to materialize, constantly preventing the boy from falling asleep. To make a long story short, his father comes in to relieve his fears, gets snapped up by the "Boogeyman," and 15 years later Barry Watson is a guy who is scared of closets. When Watson is forced to return home due to a family emergency, he decides to spend the night at his old home, now abandoned, in an attempt to conquer his fears.

My Review:
The movie is light on story but heavy on fog, heavy on slow walking, and heavy on a creaking house. I screamed a few times and I got confused several times which left me thinking and guessing.. I got disappointed with the ending though.. Why? I was still confused even after seeing the entire movie! I was left with a lotta questions.. And I don't like it.. Headache was all I got after watching this horror flick..

Rating: 2 stars out of 100 ;) Yep, I know I'm so mean!

2. Miss Congeniality 2

Movie Summary:
The story catches up with FBI agent Gracie Hart shortly after she successfully disarmed a threat against the Miss United States Pageant while working undercover as a contestant in "Miss Congeniality". Having become a media celebrity following her heroic pageant exploits, Gracie has been spending more time lately at the salon than the shooting range, working the talk show circuit and promoting her book. When her friends pageant winner Cheryl and emcee Stan are kidnapped in Las vegas, Gracie's all-out efforts to jump back into action to save them puts her at loggerheads with the FBI top brass who doesn't want to risk losing their mascot and fear she might not be up to the job anymore.

My Review:
I like Sandra Bullock, so I'll be a little biased here. :) I like her performance in this film, she can be really funny. I also like Regina King, as tough agent Sam Fuller who has anger management issues and obviously, as most other cop films, Hart and Fuller at first were clashing which often cause them troubles, but in the end, they'll be partners and will successfully accomplish their goals together. The story is so common, and yet still funny and entertaining. I never felt bored watching this film and admittedly, I had a good time. :)

Rating: 3 stars out of 5
-----------------------------
After DVD's, I played badminton again with DM and his cousins, like 7pm to 9pm. I need to sweat out coz I was a couch potato the whole day and I didn't like to end my day without even dropping a single sweat. :) Anyway, badminton was a great way of closing my day... I know I'll sleep well coz I'm dead tired after a couple of games.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home