Thursday, August 11, 2005

Ants

I was cleaning out my inbox this morning, deleting some unnecessary text messages when I came across this message from my friend Rizza -- "As I watched the ants crawl upon the wall, I noticed that no matter how busy they are, they still stop and communicate. I hope we could be like ants.. nakakalakad sa walls.. :)"

It was a joke, I smiled.. even laughed a bit.. for me, that was a nice joke, worth forwarding to DM.. so I did, I was still in my house then. Then we saw each other after a couple of minutes. On our way to work, he told me that he got the message. I was wondering why it didn't sound funny to him.. Then he told me this -- "Yeah I know it is a joke pero ang galing ng ants, they still communicate kahit ga'no sila ka-busy.." Ooohh.. that hit me! Then I said to myself, onga, why didn't I notice that phrase? What I got was the joke but I never paid attention to the ants that never failed to stop and communicate even if they were so busy.. and I just realized, I was so busy the past few weeks that I never noticed that DM and I hardly talk about ourselves now.. all about my work because I was too occupied and busy with my new job.. and sungit a lotta times because I'm always tired.. but he's still the same DM I knew.. understanding and patient as ever..

Realization for today -- I miss our after-dinner-hot-tea inside the car where we talk about everything.. anything and everything..

It’s weird how somewhere along the line we forget to make life’s precious moments a priority. We start acting like bugs, like ants.. always on the way to our next destination. We get so busy.. it’s as if life is on some lay away plan. We’ll rush around dealing with all of our responsibilities and keep pushing away the biggest responsibility of all – ourselves and our loved ones.

Well.. it's never too late for a "kiss and make-up".. and I'm up for one..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home