Sunday, August 28, 2005

DVD Mania

-- Friday, August 26 --

DM and I had two movies this Friday night. DVD is a good alternative to bar-and-alcohol gigs.

Batman Begins - the story of how Bruce Wayne became Batman (pretty obvious ;P)

I'm not really a Batman follower, maybe because all I think of when I was a kid was to be a Lois Lane when I grow up. :) But the story of Batman Begins is a good origin story.

Visual effects is so-so, maybe because all are miniature and the movie wasn't dominated with the usual computer graphics. This movie though has a strong writing and directing -- bravo!

I love:
-- Gotham - gleng ng setting!
-- Morgan Freeman and his character in this movie - perfectly fit

I hate:
-- Katie Holmes - she doesn't fit with her role or maybe because I still see her as a teen. Plus she's now Tom Cruise' girl! :) That explains it.

sHenGGie's rating: 3 out of 5 stars

Mr. & Mrs. Smith

Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, I have to admit, look perfect together on (and off) screen. Perfect match, they have chemistry, both have oozing sex appeal and action skills which made them a magnificent tandem. These two are more than enough for the viewers to see the flaws and rough spots of the movie.

Flaws:
1. I can't believe Jane Smith (Jolie) can match John Smith's (Pitt) fighting skills. It's not realistic. Where on earth can she get her powers?
2. Another unbelievable scene -- Pitt and Jolie were able to survive, as in wala man lang tama even after they exchanged gun shots with almost a hundred goons! Just to think these two stood at the center of those men and they successfully killed everybody, whoah!

sHenGGie's rating: 3 out of 5 stars

-- Saturday, August 27 --

I watched Smallville the whole afternoon, from Episode 8 to 16. Then I played badminton with DM, I need to sweat out since I was a couch potato the whole day (not to mention the chocolates and junkies I had while watching). After our badminton game, another DVD session.

Closer
Julia Roberts, Clive Owen, Natalie Portman, Jude Law

All the characters are good -- my favorite though is Julia Roberts, in real life, not for this movie alone. I'm this Pretty Woman's follower. :) As usual, she made an impact again without exerting efforts, so Julia.

Clive Owen's performance is also exceptional -- grabe how he stares at women.. very.. hmmm.. sexy. His brute energy made him do justice to his character in this movie.

I was a bit shocked with Natalie Portman here though I have to admit that she did a good job. Jude Law is so-so.

Overall -- I like the movie. The movie is well written and acted. It's all about love and lust. How adults get confused with these two. Reality check -- what drives someone who's already committed to cheat and risk losing someone they love?

sHenGGie's rating: 4 out of 5 stars

-- Sunday, August 28 --

It's like my Saturday -- watched Smallville the whole day (yey! I got to finish Season 1 -- 21 episodes -- backlog!) then played badminton with DM from 6:30PM to 8PM. And my Sunday wouldn't be completed without another DVD moment with DM! :)

A Very Long Engagement

A highly romantic film that describes a young woman's desire to see her fiance once again even if it takes forever to wait -- a woman's determination.

Mixed emotions at the end of the movie. At least Audrey Tatou got to see her man again -- though he can no longer recognize her because of amnesia brought to him by war. :-/

A very touching movie.

sHenGGie's rating: 3 out of 5 stars

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes indeed, in some moments I can say that I jibe consent to with you, but you may be inasmuch as other options.
to the article there is even now a without question as you did in the downgrade publication of this beg www.google.com/ie?as_q=spider player pro 2.202 ?
I noticed the catch-phrase you have in the offing not used. Or you functioning the pitch-dark methods of development of the resource. I have a week and do necheg

Monday, February 08, 2010 8:10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home